"From the breath, the movement arises, I follow the rhythm of my heart. Smelling, touching, hearing, I dance through each moment of my life. What truly vibrates in my heart, will move, transform and leading me through life."
"Through dance I claim equality between all life forms and their belonging to the natural world. I feel that my duty in this life is to share the value and beauty of performing art with both professionals and non-professionals; to regain the body – knowledge that has been lost. Let s dance to celebrate and respect the multiplicity and diversity of our bodies, which together create the magic of our earthly unity."
Jadi Carboni is a dancer, bodyworker, and practitioner of performing arts and healing practices in which sound and movement become the medium for communication, discovery, and creation. Jadi has worked throughout Europe, South America, and the USA under/with Kirstie Simson, Kathleen Hermersdorf, Stephanie Maher, Katie Duck, Toula Limnaios, Julyen Hamilton, Barbara Wachendorf, Scottish National Theatre, Fray Faust, and Sasha Waltz. As a choreographer, her credits include an EU-funded science-art research project entitled “On the Way to Immortality”, the Ruhrfestspiele commissioned dance theatre production “Areja”, and her duets and solos, which have been presented in several festivals in Berlin, Paris, Athens, Rome, and Venice. Since 2016 she has worked with theatre director Barbara Wachendorff in different productions in Germany. Together they create Youtopia, an interactive, interdisciplinary theatre project nominated for the Kölner Tanz- und Theaterpreise 2019. In 2019 and 2020, Jadi directed her first two Dance Films: Gravity Well(2019) and Dancing my Hero(2020), winning eight Awards for Experimental Film Critics. In addition to her work in dance, Jadi is a poi spinner with London-based Feeding the Fish, a certified Yoga teacher, and a prize-winning actress (”El Rey,” Barcelona Film Festival). She studied at the National Dance Academy in Rome, the School for New Dance Development in Amsterdam, and the Venice Biennale under Carolyn Carson. She has also studied martial arts (Thai-qi, Aikido), voice training, and bodywork (Sound therapy, Reiki, Zen Therapy). In 2020 she obtained her Ma in Choreography at the HZT in Berlin, and since summer 2020, she has been studying in the Teacher Training Academy Open Source Form (OSF), founded by Stephanie Skura
- Jennuary 2021 Der Dunkle Wolk/Der Bau Choreopher and dancer - in collaboration with Barbara Wachendorf, Heidelberg
- July 2020 - The Hollo(w)ing - by Katrina E Bastian with Flinn Flinders Gendall, Zoe, Alice, Tiana, and Shannon
- July 2020 Dancing my Hero / short dance video - Masters Project
- December to February 2020 - Permeable Touch laboratory
- December 2019 - Curator and artistic director of the event “The Permeable Touch” – interdisciplinary performance in collaboration with Hanna Schillinger and Ming Poon
- October 2019 - “Synergetics”- a quartet in collaboration with composer Dustin Zorn
- June 2019 - “Youtopia,” an interactive, inclusive theater project, nominated for the Kölner Tanz- und Theaterpreise 2019 - in collaboration with Barbara Wachendorf
- June 2019 - “Der Blendende Glitzern “- Trio in collaboration with David Lima and Evangelia Papadopoulou.
- April 2019 - “Gravity Well” - Videodance - winner of five Critics Choice Awards, and selected as a finalist for the Cine-dance Festival in Thessaloniki and Tipperary Dance Platform
- 2016-2018 - “Bicycle built for (x)” - Ongoing research project in collaboration with composer Christopher Williams.